Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things

25 Random things about me. 

This little game is going around Facebook and I thought I’d share mine: 

1 - I am totally addicted to Facebook, I can't WAIT to hear that little popping sound. I'd like there to be a way to send ALL of my friends the same note. Is there? 

2 - ALL the food I love to eat is bad for me. I hate vegetables and salad. I am scared to death of getting diabetes, but still eat all the carbs within grabbing range. Forget about ice cream. 

3 - I'd rather ride my motorcycle than anything. 

4 - I love conducting and wish I could get a foot in the door. I'm really good at it, too. 

5 - I still love my wife, after 21 years of marriage. 

6 - There have been 4 men in my life that I have loved, My Dad, My Brother, Phil Zahorsky & Vic Steelhammer. The other close men in my life, I have respected and held in deep regard. 

7 - I am deeply religious, but choose to keep it to myself. I have EIGHT versions of the bible on my nightstand and read them regularly. At heart, I am still Catholic. 

8 - I fear people think I am smarter than I really am and I try not to let them down. 

9 - I really LOVE my fellow man and take it VERY personally when people don't like me or misunderstand me. 

10 - I like doing Union work, I feel like I am actually DOING something to help my friends. 

11 - I am really frustrated by "process." If everyone involved is in agreement, why can't we just do it without all the dancing around? 

12 - I really hate Mahler, listening or playing. If I never play Mahler again, it'll be too soon. EXCEPT his first symphony. 

13 - Prokoffiev's BEST work, after "Romeo & Juliet" is his SIXTH Symphony, and no one plays it. 

14 - I am TOTALLY addicted to television. Hooked, like a drug addict. 

15 - I am still really mad at the old San Jose Symphony, I feel like they really fucked me. 

16 - I wish marijuana was legal and alcohol illegal. More people's lives have been ruined by alcohol than grass. 

17 - I wish we could start over. Bag all the constitutional amendments and simply state this: It is illegal to treat people unkindly. Doesn't that cover it? Fuck the lawyers. 

18 - Restructure the income tax law. Everyone pays 5%. PERIOD. You also get to earmark your taxes, like a donation. I'd give all my money to have a decent freeway to ride on, like the Autobahn. 

19 - 50 states are not needed. Divide the country into 10 zones, that are politically disparate. Then people can move where there are people who believe the way they believe. This whole Proposition 8 thing has me EMBARRASSED to be a Californian. SHAME on us! 

20 - Gas should cost a buck. The obscene profits made by the oil company should be returned to the consumer. 

21 - Men who hit their wives should be flogged. No judge, no jury. Kick their ass! 

22 - I deeply regret not practicing harder as a young man. I was always 'good enough.' Should I have followed my teachers' advice, who knows where I may have ended up. Maybe I wouldn't be scuffling for a living now. 

23 - I wish I was kinder to people. Sometimes I say stuff, I wish I hadn't. This is the hardest lesson for me to learn. 

24 - Baseball is the only REAL sport. Basketball is for criminals and football is just legal mayhem. You call GOLF a sport? Don't get me started about Hockey! 

25 - I wish I could be in the moment a little better. I tend to dream, instead of appreciating what is right here in front of me.

4 comments:

  1. I'll add a 26th, Tony: You have great kindness in you. (Thanks.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hate Mahler?!? deep sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1-time spent online is time away from real people and real life which is wasted, mostly
    6&9&19 are you in the closet? If you are a married homosexual, you are blaspheming God and you may be a catholic but not a follower of Jesus.
    7-being religious and having a saving, living faith in Jesus are 2 different things; catholicism is meaningless religious ritual; the founder of the catholic church (emperor constantine) was a pagan sun worshipper (google catholic constantine mithraism) - if you are a true Christian, you cannot keep it to yourself. Still the most accurate translation is the KJV. There is a difference between reading the Bible and living according to the Word. Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
    15&17-Would Jesus use such foul language - especially publicly?
    16-smoke dope, huh?
    21-I don't like abusers either. But feminism has turned a lot of women into men who are control freaks that nag, goad and push their husbands to the limit. Is it any wonder than some of men snap under pressure?
    25-Me too and I'm almost there. I gave myself a year to enter composition contests to see if I really was above the line as a composer. If I don't win any, then either I'm not or the fix is in and only insiders can win. Or, God wants me to do something else - and I will.
    And BTW, how come the same guy keeps winning your Brass contest every year? Is he a special friend or is his work really that good?

    ReplyDelete

So, What do YOU listen to?

Recently, I was having a conversation with an adult student of mine. Eventually, the discussion came around to listening to music for entert...